Frequently Asked Question
Follow these steps to add a USB connection:
- Launch vSphere Client to click edit virtual machine settings to the target vMA.
- Click Add button of the VMware Machine Properties to add a USB controller.
- Select USB Controller from the list and click the Next. (Select Serial Port if using serial connection.)
- This will add a USB Controller, click Next to add a USB Device.
- Select New USB Controller and click Add to add a USB device.
- Select USB Device item and click Next to proceed.
- Select the USB Device of the target UPS which is connected with vMA. Click the Next button to finish.
Note: In order to make sure that USB device of the target UPS can connect to vMA after a USB controller is added, it is strongly recommended to upgrade the virtual hardware to the latest version prior to adding a USB controller and a USB device.