Frequently Asked Question
A. Function Menu offers complete tool-set for navigating and setting the GUI.
B. Shortcut Menu provides short cuts to more commonly used functions.
C. Current Monitoring Information displays user ID and monitored UPS name.
D. UPS Navigation indicates all UPS locations in networked environment.
E. Main Window contains information and/or controls that change with each function menu or shortcut menu selected.
RefreshClick the Refresh icon to refresh screen.
UPS SearchingStep 1 Click the UPS Searching iconto search UPS devices in LAN or INTERNET.
Step 2 Click the UPS search icon
- Auto L AN search: Select the web segment from dropdown menu, and then click the “Search” button as required.
- Manual Internet search:
- Precise search: Enter designated IP address, and then click the “Search” button for searching.
- Related search: Enter IP address ranging, and then click “Search” button to start the searching.
UPS NavigationIt displays all UPSs found through UPS searching function.
CURRENT means physically connected local PC and UPS device
LAN means connected PCs and UPS devices in local area network
INTERNET means connected PCs and UPS devices in wide area network
NOTE: The definition of LAN and INTERNET depends on the local PC location.
Monitored UPS InformationSelect one UPS from UPS navigation and it will display complete UPS information in main window.
- UPS rated information includes rated VA, rated output voltage, rated output frequency, rated output current and rated battery voltage.
- Battery information includes battery group numbers.
- Purchasing information means UPS purchasing date, battery purchasing date, warranty for UPS and warranty for battery.
UPS Remote Control & MonitorIf you want to control and set up the remote UPS, you must log in as an administrator. There are two ways to remote monitor UPS:
Method one: Double click any UPS from LAN or INTERNET and it will pop up a message window to confirm the monitoring action.
Select “Yes” and it will open another new window to display remote UPS information.
NOTE: This display screen may be different for different types of UPS.
Method 2: Open browser and enter the remote PC IP address and 15178. For example, remote PC IP address is 126.96.36.199.
Please enter http://188.8.131.52:15178/ViewPower in browser.