Frequently Asked Question
IntroductionViewPower is UPS management software which is perfect for home users and enterprises. It can monitor and manage from one to multiple UPSs in a networked environment, either LAN or INTERNET. It can not only prevent data loss from power outage and safely shutdown systems, but also store programming data and scheduled shutdown UPSs.
StructureViewPower includes ViewPower service, GUI (user interface) and ViewPower icon.
ViewPower service is the core of ViewPower software. It’s a system program running in the back end. It will communicate with UPS, record event, notify users with events, and execute command according to users’ request.
GUI is operated in Browser and communicated with back-end program. Users can monitor UPSs for real-time status, information and modify UPS setting parameters via GUI.
ViewPower icon is managing tool for ViewPower software. When ViewPower is activated, there is an orange plug icon located in taskbar. It also will display pop-up dialog for current UPS status.
NOTE1: Tray icon only exists under Windows OS.
NOTE2: Supported browser: Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape Navigator, Google chrome , Safari, Opera, Avant Browser, and Deepnet Explorer.
- Monitor and manage the local UPS connected to local computer
- Monitor and manage other UPSs (with software installed) in LAN
- Remote monitor and manage other UPSs via INTERNET from remote PC (with software installed)
- Allows control and monitoring of multiple UPSs via LAN and INTERNET
- Real-time dynamic graphs of UPS data (voltage, frequency, load level, battery capacity)
- Safely OS shutdown and protection from data loss during power failure
- Warning notifications via audible alarm, pop-up screen, broadcast, mobile messenger, and e-mail
- Scheduled UPS on/off, battery test, programmable outlet control, and audible alarm control
- Password security protection and remote access management